Here's a smattering of suggestions for making photo quilts like the one I made my Dad for his 70th birthday.
- How to Make Photo Memory Quilts (from HowtoDoThings.com)
- Make a Photo Transfer Quilt (from Essortment.com)
- C Jenkins Miracle Fabric Sheets (with directions & photos of the creation process for how to use them!)
- June Taylor Colorfast Fabric Sheets for Ink Jet Printers (See also her tips & trick, though I don't recommend the "Iron On" transfers.
- How to Print on Fabric with Computer Printer (from Tipnut.com, where basically you make your own fabric sheets for your printer using freezer paper and 200+ thread count fabric)
- Photos on Fabric Ideas, Projects & Supplies (from Quiltbug.com, includes supplies)
- Instructions for making Computer Printer Fabric (another freezer paper idea)
- Quilting and fabric printing basics (from our friends at HP - that's right, the printer and computer company.)
If you'd like someone else to make the memory quilt here is a suggestion. I don't know these folks, but their website looks pretty good.
- QuiltStories.com (by Sandi, with lots of completed quilts on display! They will make a personal web page for you, so you can help them arrange the photo layout, select your basic color scheme, etc.)