How would you like to visit a shop Better Homes & Gardens magazine Quilt Sampler listed as one of the top ten quilt shops in North America for the year 2000?
We're planning a Genea-Quilter's fiend trip to People, Places and Quilts, just a few blocks from Charleston, South Carolina's French Quarter the day before the 2011 National Genealogical Society Family History Conference. The shop has no evening hours during NGS, (Mon-Sat 10am to 5pm), so keep that in mind. Here's the scoop about our field trip:
- The NGS 2011 Family History Conference will be held at the North Charleston Convention Center in Charleston, SC, Wednesday through Saturday, 11–14 May 2011.
- Meet at the Convention Center on Tuesday at 1:30 pm. You may have already checked in at registration, which runs on Tuesday, 10 May 2011 from 12:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m. For your convenience, here is the link to the other NGS pre-conference events. We know you have a lot of choices, and quilting is just one of them. I'll be driving Gordon's maroon Ford Van where there is room for 6 additional people, plus NGS registration packets and quilting treasures.
- We'll drive downtown to the shop and have a blast.
- After the shop closes at 5pm, we'll return to the Convention Center for NGS check-in that concludes at 7pm.
- For those of you who will be sightseeing but wish to meet us downtown, the People, Places and Quilts shop is located in downtown Charleston in an old, neighborhood grocery store at 1 Henrietta St. Take I-26 exit at Meeting St./Visitor info exit… drive along Meeting St. several blocks, turn left onto Henrietta St. (after Charlotte, before Calhoun). The shop is at the end of the block with a small parking lot is next to shop. The address is 1 Henrietta Street, Charleston, SC 29403. (843) 937-9333 Click here for online map
When you RSVP, I'll send you my cell phone number to facilitate communications in Charleston.