Thursday, September 2, 2010

Quilt in a Day



One of the most influential quilters in my life is Eleanor Burns who invented the "Quilt in a Day" process. Since I was a young mother, with little extra time for sewing, Eleanor's shortcuts inspired me to quickly assemble my first log cabin quilt, in the days before we had rotary cutters. (I am STILL hand quilting it though, but I digress!)



El' offers a free pattern for a nifty and cute APPLE A DAY bag, a green alternative for shopping quilters. This is something our friends in California will need if the initiative to outlaw plastic bags is passed.


With Halloween coming up next month, perhaps you'd like Eleanor's Pumpkin Grins pattern. Diane Giannini (who won those two Halloween patterned fabrics at the 1st Semi-Annual Genea-Quilters Raffle at Knoxville last month) might make note! Just what you need, Diane, another quilt project, eh?  LOL!

I've got Eleanor's large Flying Geese ruler, but have yet to use it. Looking for the right fabric I guess.




Eleanor's even got her own Facebook page. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment